Sunday, May 4, 2008

Discussion

With everything that went on in the UMC this week, and the PCUSA coming up soon, it seems fitting to discuss LGBT inclusion in denominations that are not all that inclusive.

How do you feel about staying in a denomination that is not inclusive to LGBT people? People who leave because of it (like going to the UCC)? Is all this fighting actually accomplishing anything? Should people stay and fight or go to another denomination? Is there a difference for people who want to be ordained and laypeople?

2 comments:

Suzer said...

My partner and I attend a Reconciling UMC. It's probably the only way I can continue attending a UMC. Knowing that my particular church cared enough to stand up against the prevailing attitude in the North Georgia Conference and say loudly and proudly that they accept GLBT people without reservation, well, that means something to us. I want to stay so I can support that. I think it's important, for those who can, to stay and be a witness. For some, it is too hard, too painful. I left a previous UMC in part due to the decisions of the larger church. I thank God we found our current church, as it, and the people in it, are blessings in our lives.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!